Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 10- IVF ICSI 2




Hi Everyone,

So my blood work came back fine on Monday and we will still be going ahead with the egg retrieval tomorrow morning. I had my ovulation trigger injection last night and we are set to go to the hospital at 7:00 am tomorrow morning. I'm in a considerable amount of pain at the moment and struggling to get around and have absolutely no energy to get anything done (which if you know me, it is killing me). Please say a prayer for us. This is one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with in my life. The emotional repocustions as well as the physical pain and the feeling of physical invasion are too hard to describe. I feel like my body is a science experiment.

There is so much doubt running through my head... What if I ovulate to soon, what if they can't harvest any eggs, what if the eggs aren't mature, what if they don't fertilize, what if I am sick and we can't put an embryo back, will I recover well, when will I feel up to taking on life again ???????????

I have an amazing Doctor, who throughout everything makes me laugh (he is a funny man). I have faith in him, I trust him and know that he has our best interests in mind. Sometimes I hate the things he tells us, and sometimes its hard to not portray my grumpiness towards him but I try to put a smile on my face and keep on keeping on.
In hindsight though I feel sorry for him having to deal with me and obsessive compulsive control freak. Pray for our Doctor.

This journey has been going for 3 years and 6 months. I wish I had a crystal ball so I could know when it would end.

This journey has changed me- I will need time to find myself again when we are done.

Today I am broken.
Tash



No comments:

Post a Comment